Search This Blog



Sunday 13 April 2014

Give Me the N1.2m Bride Price I Paid Your Parents ––Policeman Tells His Wife In Court

Hmmmm....wonders shall never end! A policeman, Anthony Ibemere, has told an Igando Customary Court in Lagos that his wife, Uloma, should return his N1.2 million bride price if she insisted on divorcing him.

38-year-old Anthony was responding to a divorce suit filed by Uloma, his wife of four years, who accused him of battery. He accused his wife of hiding her marital status by telling people that she is single.

In the words of the husband: “Uloma should return the money I gave her parents during our traditional marriage if she insists on the dissolution of our four-year-old marriage.
“She joined a group of single ladies in her church. I went to the church with our wedding pictures as a proof that she’s married which led to her suspension.”
Anthony said Uloma had abandoned their matrimonial home since November 24, 2012, when he informed the church of her marital status. He pleaded with the court not to grant the divorce until he sees his money.

On her part, 27-year-old Uloma, a factory worker, told the court that Anthony turned her into a punching bag mostly when he was drunk. “My husband is a drunkard. Whenever he comes home drunk and wants to make love to me, I always refuse him. I want him to make love to me when he’s in his right senses.

“And when I refuse him, he will make love to me by force," she added. She begged the court to separate them, saying she's tired of the marriage.

The magistrate said more time is needed to rule on the controversial case and thus adjourned till April 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Don't Forget To Join Our Community
×
bloggerWidget