Search This Blog



Tuesday 10 December 2013

‘Celebs who use Twitter are Morons’ – Actor George Clooney has a word for all you ‘Twitter Celebs’........lol

Actor George Clooney has branded celebrities who use Twitter as “morons” and branded the social networking site as “just stupid”.

The Hollywood giant, who has been involved in a public spat with fellow actor Russell Crowe, told the January issue of Esquire magazine that stars of Hollywood’s “golden era” would have struggled to cope with the demands made of celebrities today.

Clooney said: “I think anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter . . . It’s just stupid”.

Not that I’m comparing myself to Clark Gable, or whoever, but they couldn’t survive in this environment . . . They’d punch the shit out of some people. It requires a kind of Zen quality.

“There’s a funny thing about fame. You run as fast as you can towards it because it’s everything you want. Not just the fame but what it represents, meaning work, meaning opportunity.

“Then you get there and it’s shocking how immediately you become enveloped in this world that is incredibly restricting . . . I haven’t walked in Central Park for 15 years. I’d like to.”


Clooney also revealed an ongoing spat between himself and actor/musician Russell Crowe which began after Crowe criticised Clooney’s appearances in TV adverts.

He picked a fight with me,” Clooney, 52, said

“He started it for no reason at all. He put out this thing saying, ‘George Clooney, Harrison Ford, and Robert De Niro are sellouts’, and I put out a statement saying, ‘He’s probably right. And I’m glad he told us, because Bob and Harrison and I were thinking about starting a band, which would also fall under the heading of bad use of celebrity.
“I sent him a note going, ‘Dude, the only people who succeed when two famous people are fighting is People magazine. What is wrong with you?’”

Clooney claimed Crowe tried to apologise by giving him a gift.

“He sends me a disc of his music and a book of his poetry. I think he said, ‘I was all misquoted’, and I was like, ‘yeah, whatever’.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Don't Forget To Join Our Community
×
bloggerWidget